Monday, September 15, 2014

FW 1.28c --Issy wants to be ravished--

1.28a: The babbelers with their thangas vain have been (confusium hold them!) they were and went...
1.28b: the blond has sought of the brune: Elsekiss thou may, mean Kerry piggy?: and the duncledames...
1.28c: And still nowanights and by nights of yore do all bold floras of the field to their shyfaun lovers...
1.28d: For that saying is as old as the howitts. Lave a whale a while in a whillbarrow (isn't it the truath...


[last] [fweb-toc] [fweet] [finwake] [theall] [pgs]


FDV: " yet still all Floras of the field to their fauns say only: Cull me I am wilt to thee, and: Pluck me ere I blush. Well, may they wilt, marry, and profusedly blush, be troth!" →
"yet still nowanights as all in nights of yore do all the bold floras of the field to their shyfaun lovers say only: Cull me ere I wilt to thee, and but a little later: Pluck me whilst I blush. Well, may they wilt, marry! And profusedly blush, be troth!"



And still nowanights and by nights of yore

nowadays

"still... of yore" (present/past)

'knights of yore' cliche


do all bold floras of the field to their shyfaun lovers say only:

Flora: Roman goddess whose festival, the Floralia on 28 April, was an occasion for sexual licence
flora/fauna

Matthew 6:28: 'lilies of the field'

shy
Shaun?

evil faun/satyr
fawn = young deer


Cull me ere I wilt to thee!

(flower asks to be picked before wilting)

cull = select unfavorably, for elimination/killing
call, kill

archaic wilt: will (second person singular only: thou wilt) 
wilt: to wither 
will it
melt?


And, but a little later: Pluck me whilst I blush!

pluck = select favorably for use

FDV: "ere"

fruit may redden/blush when ripe for plucking


Well may they wilt, marry, and profusedly blush, be troth!

wilt/blush; wilt/marry/blush/troth?

archaic marry!: indeed!, to be sure!

archaic phrase: by my troth!: truly!
archaic troth: pledge to marry



[next]



full pages: 34567891011121314151617181920212223242526272829



No comments:

Post a Comment